cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to show only Latest Item Revision

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am fairly new to Teamcenter world. I was part of PTC PLM Windchill from last 12 years.

Our company has recently gone live with Teamcenter 9.1. Our users are frustrated with this change. One thing occurs to me that in Teamcenter when I search for a part it shows all itemrevision. Is there any preference which we can turn on which will show only lates Item Revision.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

6 REPLIES

Re: Is there a way to show only Latest Item Revision

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

There is an out-of-the-box query called "Latest Item Revision..." that should be able to do what you need to do.

Arden Bedell | Teamcenter Wonk | Applied CAx, LLC

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi

You might also want to consider using Revision Display Filter(see attachment). That will hide all unwanter revisions under a More folder on the Item. You can configure it using Revision rules.

BR

Frank

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for a quick response.

Genius
Genius
How do we set this as a preference site wide ?? any pointers please ?
Teamcenter 10.1.3
TC Visualization 10.1.3 (Custom Patch)
NX:8.5 | NX 9.02 | Catia V5 R2012 | AutoCAD 2015 | In-Context Editor |

Experimenter
Experimenter

You can do this using Runtime property on Item/Part.

You create a Runtime-properrty and populate the latest Revision from code.

"02" is the latest Revision.

Capture.PNG

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

Not sure because it is an internal preference...my knowledge of preferences is limited. If you hover your mouse over "Show displayable revisions only"(see attachment) it will reveal its preference name and that it’s a user scope. You might be able to create your own site scope version of it…

Play around with creating you own site version of it - for ideas on how to - create the user version first and look in the Instances for how the preference should look like(see attachment).

If that doesn’t work you can always import the user preference during client install scripts I guess. Not elegant I know…

BR

Frank