cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA SOAclient: read customized type of relations

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,
I am working with a customized Teamcenter, with custom types of Items and Relations.
I'm using JAVA SOAClient (strong).
Given an Item Revision 'ItemRev1' I need to recover all the objects that are linked (using any relation) with ItemRev1.
But it seems to me that ItemRevision object only has methods to recover basic types of relation,
for example get_IMAN_reference, get_IMAN_manifestation, etc.
Am I missing anything? Is there any way to recover information regarding custom types of relation, non covered by ItemRevision methods?

5 REPLIES

Re: JAVA SOAclient: read customized type of relations

Phenom
Phenom
In SOA C# there is API "ExpandGRMRelationsForPrimary" under DataManagementService, where you can specify relation type name as input. There should be similar API in Java as well.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Nice. I tried it and it works! Thank you Smiley Happy
The only think I need now is a way to list all the type of relations (and types) defined in my Teamcenter...

Phenom
Phenom
To see all the relations for ItemRevision:
1. Go to My Teamcenter
2. Select ItemRevision
3. Open "Details" tab on right
4. Click on any Relation name under "Relation Type" column
Here you see an arrow for dropdwon button, click that and you see all relation type names.

Experimenter
Experimenter

The ideal would be if anybody knows how to recover the list of Relation Types and Item Type from code, so that if administrators add/modify types there's no need to configure/modify the code.

Anyway, your answer is useful for me. Thank you very much for your help.

Phenom
Phenom
You can try using "ExecuteBusinessObjectQueries" / "ExecuteSavedQueries" to search objects of type "ImanRelation"