Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPP MBOM Duplicate Components

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello All,

New user to MPP module & I am having a few issues which I am struggling to resolve.

1) I have an EBoM which is very repeative however when copying over to my MBoM I am struggling to repeat the parts how I want it displayed in the MBoM. Below is a very simplified version of what I have.

Assy-01

|-> Sub Assy 01

|-> Child part 01

|-> Child part 02

|-> Sub Assy 01

|-> Child part 01

|-> Child part 02

|-> Sub Assy 02

|-> Child part 01

|-> Child part 02

I am able to copy the Sub Assy's over into the MBoM in order to keep the location in CAD however I am then unable to change the order of the child parts without affecting the EBoM (not sure if this is due to the EBoM not being locked yet?). If I create my own Sub Assy part number in my MBoM and copy over the child parts, I can create the correct order but I cannot copy & paste Sub Assy 01 as it keeps the same location and removes the use of having a model which shows the build up of the Assy. Nor am I amble to reuse the same Sub Assy part number (01) but with copying a child part from the Sub Assy 02 to keep the location. 

Can anybody suggest a way to do this as I am not able to go any further until I solve the issue of repeating assemblies.

2) Second problem I have which I think will need to be escalated to GTAC is once I have my MBOM I am unable to select any options when it comes to creating a new process or workarea but I can create a new operation. IT have given me all the permissions of a designer which is the most I can have but the list is still blank when I go to create the new process or workarea. But I feel like is there a step I am missing or an option I haven't selected.

1 REPLY

Re: MPP MBOM Duplicate Components

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

I am pretty late on this topic, but i hope you have already got the solution to this.