Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machinery library

Pioneer
Pioneer

How do you guys see what screws to use when there is no preview?

There must be a way I am sure...

Please help.

Cheers!

5 REPLIES

Re: Machinery library

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I just installed "Machinery-library-install-tool-2015-12-14" on Teamcenter 10.1.5 and set the Reuse Library in NX9 to point to the install folder.  As you can see the Member Select pane shows icons of the hardware, as does the Preview pane.

machinery_library_tc_install.jpg

If you review the items in Teamcenter, do you see Image and KRX datasets along with the UGMASTER dataset?  Did you complete the installation yourself?

Regards, Ben

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Ben,

Yes I installed it myself. 

I don't know what KRX is or mean or where to find it. As you know nothing works properly in TC, Help files does not search and so on so it is pretty hard to find my way around. Anyway enough wingeing

The document of how install is quite clear though.

When you say you set the reuse library to the install folder, is that NX from the client to the server install folder? And which customer default are you setting?

Thanks - S

2016-05-26_9-07-00.jpg

Siemens Phenom

Your screenshot shows everything up to the Item Revision:

item_revision.jpg

Expand the Item Revisions of the Machinery Library items and review the datasets.  If everything installed correctly you should have the KRX, Image and UGMASTER datasets within each Item Revision:

datasets.jpg

The customer default I used was under "Reuse Library > General (tab) > Libraries Organized by Teamcenter Folder".  I am telling the NX client to read the Machinery Library folder under Infodba's Home folder:

reuse_library_customer_defaults.jpg

Regards, Ben

Phenom
Phenom

I think the labels for "image" and "ugmaster" are swapped.

-Dave

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Siemens Phenom
Well spotted Dave - trying to juggle too many things at once Smiley Happy
I've corrected the post.

Regards, Ben