I have two parts that were made by save as so are quite the same and only changes one dimensions. I have made a drafting from one of them and it has take me a lot of work. How can I reuse this work to have another drafting equal to the one I have made and then relink it to the second part?
Solved! Go to Solution.
How can I reuse this work to have another drafting equal to the one I have made and then relink it to the second part?
Why you are not using save as again on the part in which you have modified/created the drawing ?
If 3D geometry is identical then you can use, File > Export > Part and select the right combination that will export the featues along with the drawings to the selected part. This will help if you need to copy drawing data to the existing specific item(ID).
Thank you Ganesh_Kadole,
The previous save as was made some days ago and this new part (part B) is used in some assemblies. I guess, by doing save as again, you mean I make save as of the original part (part A) to create part C. Then part C has the drawing done and then replace part B with part C. Is it or there is other method?
By file-export you mean in NX? I export from the part A dwg dataset, can select the dimensions, but I there is a popup telling me that no dimension will be exported because the views are not selected but I dont know how to select the views.
Then part C has the drawing done and then replace part B with part C. Is it or there is other method?
I mean that if geomtery is same then remove all the features from part B then export the geometry and drawings from part C to B. But as you mentioned that this part B is used in some assemblies, so export from part C to B may affect the CAD assembly/assembly constraints where part B is used.
I use teamcenter. In windows, i would copy the drawing prt file and relink to the other model prt file but inside TC I am not sure what is the best way. I can "save as" and rename dataset or try the methods that have been suggested, just trying to figure out the best way to do that.
The following assumes your administrator has given you access to the Named References of your NX datasets in Teamcenter. It should work well as your Part B was saved from your Part A.
1) Export the part file from the Part A 'UGPART' dataset's Named References to your desktop.
2) Repeat for Part B's UGPART dataset to make a backup of the part file.
3) Delete the part file from the Part B 'UGPART' dataset's Named References
4) With Part B UGPART dataset's Named References still open, select 'Upload' (or Import on older Tc versions) and browse for Part A's part file on the desktop.
5) Select Close to close the Named References dialog and then send Part B's UGPART dataset to NX.
6) Open the ANT to confirm that the UGMASTER of Part B has loaded
7) Reassociate any retained dimensions
Thank you Ben, I will try to try it on monday. What is ANT?
ANT, short form for 'Assembly Navigator'.
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3