Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating UGpart and UGmaster assemblies and children with PDF and JT

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi All,

I'm new to the Teamcenter and was trying different methods to migrate the item which consists of datasets like UGMaster, UGPart, PDF and JT, which is an assembly, along with all its children from one Teamcenter to the another in other site. I tried exporting and importing PLMXML, but the references in the NX data will not be consistent. The assembly will lose the associativity with the children. Can anyone please suggest any robust method to migrate the data from one Teamcenter to another. Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES

Re: Migrating UGpart and UGmaster assemblies and children with PDF and JT

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @apoorv,

I use PLMXML export on a regular basis, and it should do exactly what you're looking for.  There may be other methods to this, but here's what I do and it's successful every time:

• Send the assembly bvr to Structure Manager
  • Highlight the entire structure and select "Tools > Export > to PLMXML"
  • Set the Transfer Mode to "ConfigureDataFilesExportDefault"
  • Choose OK

That's it.

On the receiving machine I select "Tools > Import > from PLMXML", browse to the xml file and set Transfer Mode Name to "ConfigureDataImportDefault".

Hope that helps.

Regards, Ben

Re: Migrating UGpart and UGmaster assemblies and children with PDF and JT

To share the data with the other sites, you may consider publishing objects to the default ODS if it is available or configured by the system administrator.

For more information, you can refer the topic 'Publishing and unpublishing' from teamcenter 'Multi-Site Collaboration Guide'.

Ganesh Kadole, QA Analyst (PLM), SQS
Testing: NX 10 | NX 11 | TCIN
TC 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | AWC 3.2