cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Viewers in the same Teamcenter application

Hello,

I would like to visually compare three items, a production's item (.jt), the prototype and a capture with annotations. I have been trying to position the inner windows in Teamcenter's desktop, but as soon as I open the image, the 3D viewer is closed and the image viewer is opened on its place. I could easily use an external JT2Go or open another session, but I would like to keep the elegancy of doing everything on a single TC instance. Is it even possible?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES

Re: Multiple Viewers in the same Teamcenter application

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

It depends on the Teamcenter application you are using. Lifecycle Viewer application is made for this. There you can compare and overlay JT files. Applications like CAE Manager have multiple view concept. You can load different structures and link a JT view to each strucutre view.

From my understanding it is not possible to do it e.g. in My Teamcenter.

Regards,

Xtof

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi Ramon,

The 2D & 3D objects are opened up in the embedded TC Vis Viewer which is the reason why you see only one of them at a time.

For your case, you could use "Viewer" (Production item's .JT), "JT Preview" (Prototype) & "Image Viewer" (Capture with Annotations) in combination with  disabling "Enable response to selections"

First open the production item JT in Viewer and then disable the "Enable response to selections"

Now select the Prototype and activate the JT Preview and then disable the "Enable response to selections" Finally select the image with annotation and activate the Image Viewer.

PS: "Image Viewer" can be added from Window--> Show View --> Image Viewer.

Hope this helps. Thanks

Well, correct me if I am wrong, but I would find it really useful if I could compare items visually while matching two BOMs in the Structure Manager, it helps me a lot while choosing alternatives and checking variants. We men are somehow visual, my apologies.

Please, notice that your jellyfish does not match the production board at all, great example, by the way.

Thank you Smiley Happy

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi Ramon,

Theoretrically you could use split windows in Structure Manager and open Viewer in each window which lets you to vizualise two assemblies at same time.

Other recommendation is to configure the Variant data in Structure Manager and send it to "Lifecycle Viewer" application or "Standalone TC Vis" application.

While sending the second assembly to one of these applications lets you to merge the second assembly in the active window along with your previously loaded assembly. (or tile windows if you would like to load in two different windows).

This way you could compare two assemblies (graphics) visually.

Thanks

Arun

Thank you Arun, I will have a try.