Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX Drawing vs Model Revision Mismatch

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hi,

I run NX with Teamcenter.

I have a model with drawing - revision A.

Then I make a revision B und update the drawing. Close NX.

Then, there is a case when the user has opened model - revision A and then opens drawing - revision B. The drawing is out-of-date. If You update it, it takes the first revision of the model into last revision of the drawing. Hence, revision mismatch.

I know that this case seems to be unlogical but can happen. User wants to see the older model, forgets to close it, then opens the drawing of latest revision and if in panic updates it and saves, there is a problem.

How to avoid this situation? Is there any best practise of setting of NX that drawing will be referenced only to the appropriate revision of the model?

3 REPLIES

Re: NX Drawing vs Model Revision Mismatch

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @juraj_zahradnik

Does that revision A released?

In your example. For revision B, there is blend applied to the block and in the modeling application of drawing specification file, block shown is without blend. Does revision B have the correct reference of master model in the assembly navigator?

Highlighted

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Drawing (rev B) is referenced to revison A of model. Hence I understand the update of drawing.

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

It does not matter if the previous revision has status or not, NX will allow you to open an older revision of a UGMASTER (3D model) and then the newer revision of the UGPART (drawing) without any warnings raised - even if you update the drawings and save the UGPART.  The only way I know of that would prevent this is to enable Multiple Revisions of a part to be loaded in a session, which in this case would have opened 000279/B when the drawing was loaded, even though 000279/A was previously loaded in the session.  This option is found in the NX Customer Defaults within the Teamcenter Integration section.

Regards, Ben