cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX INTEGRATION ISSUE

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello

I am not able to open NX 10 from TC 11. I have attached the error which pops when I try to open.Capture.PNG 

11 REPLIES

Re: NX INTEGRATION ISSUE

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

looks like no entries in the registry.

Is NX feature installed in RAC?

Open cmd in portal dir and execute runner -mime=application/ugmportal. Another shell should pop-up. If nothing happens you have to add the installation or manually some entries to registry.

xtof

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Best practice is to install NX first then TC. There should be a PORTAL_ROOT\start_nxmanager.bat script if the NX integration is installed. If you had a previous version of NX installed then the registry setting could still be pointing to the old location. Search for start_nxmanager.bat in the registry and validate the location is correct.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Pioneer
Pioneer
Right. I have no entries in registry. my start_ugmanager.bat file is missing and I also have an older version of NX8.5. should I uninstall that. Would that help.?

Pioneer
Pioneer
Well regardless of my previous reply. I have 2 start_nxmanager.bat files. I have attached an image for both the location files. the 1st one under TC files and other under program files. Do I need both the .bat file?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

No image?

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor
Hi

you must have 2 bat files "nxmanager_portal" & "start_nxmanager" under "C:\Program Files\Siemens\Teamcenter11\portal" if you have installed "Teamcenter Integration for NX". If not then please install the same using TEM. You can find TEM at "C:\Program Files\Siemens\Teamcenter11\install".  Double click the TEM and  you can find "Teamcenter Integration for NX" in under "Extensions". I have attached a screen shot.

Thanks

Anshu

Pioneer
Pioneer

I have both the .bat files under the location of C: and also I have NX10 integration for TC installed but its still giving me that error. I have no clue.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Capture1.PNG

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

you really have to make sure that the registry entries are there. 

Do you see start_nxmanager.bat here  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ugmportalfile\Shell\Open\Command] in the registry?