Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

NX - TC arrangements synchronize

Is there any withdraws in check this option? Why is it not checked by default?

Once you have the arrangements available in TC you can select which one is active, but how a user can visualize different arrangements without changing which one is active?

7 REPLIES

Re: NX - TC arrangements synchronize

I think it is off by default for two good reasons:

1) It has been riddled with problems/bugs for years that cause save errors in NX with each version of NX getting better at handling them over time.

2) It creates overhead when saving thus making save operations take longer to complete.  Only companies that need that functionality should turn it on.

As for changing arrangements in Teamcenter, there is a button in the GUI to change the displayed arrangement .

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Thank you, Larry!

We use arrangements mostly for assemblies that have the same components but placed in different possitions.

I have seen a button to select the current arrangement in structure manager, but I think this affect the structure and the people I want to be able to visualize the different possitions of assemblies doesnt have right to modify structure. I am looking for a way to change the visualized arrangement in lifecycle visualization. Does it exist?

Now I have checked to select a different current arrangement but when opening with TC visualization It shows the previous arrangement (I think the one is by default saved in NX).

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Javiduc
2 weeks ago

All you should have to do is send the BVR to Structure Manager, set the desired arrangement, and then send it to TcVis.  We do this all the time.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Yes, it works! I went out of structure manager before opening in TcVis. Thank you very much.

How can I change the arrangement of a component/subcomponent of the assembly I want to visualize?

Hi @Javiduc,

It's not currently possible to change Arrangement of lower level assemblies in Structure Manager.  You can only change the arrangements in the top level assembly.  ER 6255175 was submitted requesting that lower level arrangements be selectable.

Also, ER 7733115 was recently submitted requesting that arrangments be changed in TcVis.

Regards, Ben