Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

NX file won't save, because checked out by another user

NX 9 and Tc 10

User is trying to save an NX part file, but he's getting the error message that another user has it checked out.  When we look in Teamcenter, it's checked out by that user.

Any thoughts on how things can get in that state? and how to rectify it?

Thanks,

Dave

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
4 REPLIES

Re: NX file won't save, because checked out by another user

This can happen if the user's NX session crashed while they have it checked out. The user has to manually check them back in via the Rich Client.

Thank you,

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
IT Architect, CAxPLM Applications - Siemens Molecular Imaging
Vice Technical Director, Board of Directors - PLM World, Inc.

This message and any attachments are solely for the use of intended recipients. The information contained herein may include trade secrets, protected health or personal information, privileged or otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you received this email in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Thank you for your cooperation

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
Technical Director @ PLM World, Inc,
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging

I've seen it do that during a crash, where the "check in" never occurs, but this was a fresh session, and no crash...I wonder if it got stuck last night when they left.

Checking it in, and then back out didn't change the error message, but it did actually save the part.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

I've noticed that if one of our people shades a model that had been displayed as wireframe, it becomes checked out to the person who shaded it.

Changing the display mode always marks the part as modified, this has been the case since I use NX.

If you use automatic check out, checking out the part on display modification is expected.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community