Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX using files from Solid Edge in Teamcenter

Solution Partner Builder Solution Partner Builder
Solution Partner Builder

I've been using NX managed by Teamcenter that contain Solid Edge files managed too.

My question is, how to use SE files in NX without convert or open them? I did saw some videos about NX multicad in Teamcenter and apparently NX used JT files, but I don't find anything about it.

5 REPLIES

Re: NX using files from Solid Edge in Teamcenter

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hi,

As per your mail NX and Solid Edge are integrated with Teamcenter, which means in background both native files will be converted into JT format. When you login into NX managed environment you can access Solid Edge files directly, if your login has access to Solid Edge files? 

Best Regards,
Jeethan Rohan

Solution Partner Builder

Hi @JRT! NX has acess to SE files and I can open them, but when I need to open assemblies it need a template, and all times that I open files I need to select template. Imagine a assembly that contain hundred subassemblies, I need to select hundred times. I think that have some way to use assemblies from Solid Edge without "convert".

Solution Partner Genius

Can you share template?  and you are not using BOM structure created in Teamcenter ? 

Best Regards,
Jeethan Rohan

Solution Partner Builder

@JRT! I've attached some pictures that explain better the situation. TC.jpg is a SE Assembly file that I will use in NX. NX1.jpg shows the moment that I used "Add command" in NX assemblies. NX2.jpg shows what I've said before when the NX need to template.

Solution Partner Genius

@bauler I will check and revert back 

Best Regards,
Jeethan Rohan