Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX welding assistant information in Teamcenter

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hello everyone!

Is it possible to map into Teamcenter welding object created in the NX Welding Assistant at the assembly level? It only works for me when those welding objects are created at the part level, but not at the assembly level. Is it as designed?

3 REPLIES

Re: NX welding assistant information in Teamcenter

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Per the NX documentation "Publishing Weld Points to Teamcenter":

Restriction Description
No weld features in top assembly part NX does not publish the weld features if the weld part is a top assembly part

Refer to the section titled: Use the Weld/Datum Point Model, to separate welds from the assembly structure.  I verified that this is the case using Tc 11.3 and NX 11.

Regards, Ben

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Thanks for the reply!

This situation looks rather strange to me. As I see the welded assembly in the real life, it has everything on the same level, both components and welding beads:

1.png

What is the reason behind inability to have welding features in the top level assembly, especially given that in NX we can have them there?

Also I have a question regarding the NX manual. There is a diagram there:

111.png

What is the 'Assembly 1'? Is this an auxiliary assembly created to hold welding features and product assembly at the same level? Or is this just a next level up assembly?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
What is the reason behind inability to have welding features in the top level assembly, especially given that in NX we can have them there?

I believe that the weld features need to be separated out this way as the weld features are stored in a specific weldment item type in the structure within Teamcenter.  The item used to store these features will contain a weld bvr to manage the weld features and their associated JT's and characteristics.

Screenshot - 2_6_2018 , 10_17_41 AM.png

What is the 'Assembly 1'? Is this an auxiliary assembly created to hold welding features and product assembly at the same level? Or is this just a next level up assembly?

Assembly-1 is the next level up assembly (00113 in my example above), Assembly-n represents sub-level assemblies then you have the product assembly and finally the weld and datum operations broken out to individual components (items).  Thus, you would create the weld item as a new component (000115 above), make it the work part (in the context of the assembly) and create your welds - WAVE linking the geometry from the product assembly into the weld component.

Regards, Ben