Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

PDF's in TeamCenter

Hello All,

I am very new to TeamCenter and have been charged with making our drawings into two languages.  My question is can TeamCenter store the same PDF twice?  Here is an example:  123456789.pdf is in English.  123456789S.pdf is in Spanish.  I know these are different file names because of the "S".  Can Teamcenter accept this and can a user pull their PDF of preference?  As stated previously, I am bran-new to teamcenter.  Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wabble

3 REPLIES

Re: PDF's in TeamCenter

You can store multiple datasets within the same Item Revision.  However, your Teamcenter administrator could also restrict via BMIDE rules the combination of number, type, & relations allowed.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
Technical Director @ PLM World, Inc,
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging

Added to Larry's advice, Teamcenter doesn't require that Datasets have unique names. Meaning that you can have as many 123456789.pdf as you wish, the problem is distinguishing them. Appending the language code is a great idea. It's up to the user to select the right file for their language.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Dear Wabble,

Can you merge the two files in one PDF then upload the combined file as Dataset under the ANC 2D drawing

This is only assumption I couldn't try it because I don't have anysoftwares that can merge two PDF files in one file, but I think it will work.

BR,

EGM