Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: PDF with Revision

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Arthur.

In the envelope window, I type the email address, write in the subject and any message.

The attachement shows the part number with revision, but when the email is recieved the p[art number has no revision.

Legend
Legend

If you can, then attached the screenshots of the Envelope you sent and the external email received. Unfortunately, I can not check this behavior for myself yet.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

This is an example of how I send to external email address.  As you can see there should be the revision letter, but when the email is recieved, there is not revision.

Capture.JPG

Legend
Legend

You made only a screenshot of the sent letter, but did not take a screenshot of the received letter.

I can only assume that when you send datasets to external mail, it sends you files that are linked to a dataset by a named reference, not the datasets themselves. You can check it yourself, look at the named reference, what you have in the dataset and compare with what you got in the letter.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Arthur.

I have attached sent and recieved.

Legend
Legend

Good afternoon, Dazzie .

As I wrote above, Teamcenter is most likely to forward files containing the data sets to external mail by forwarding the files that are in the named reference to the data set, and therefore you can not get the revision number in the file name.

In any case, in the Windows operating system, the slash character is forbidden for use in the file name.

Here's what I can offer you to solve this problem:

1) Name your files by adding a revision number to the end of the file, for example _A, then when they should come with the revision number.

file name with revision.jpg

2) Add the revision number in the description to the letter, if you have all the data sets that are under the Item revision, the same revision numbers, and they usually coincide with the revision number of the Item under which they are located, then just add the revision number into the message text.

Same.jpg

3) If you have data sets that can have different revisions and data sets a lot, you can export them to Excel from the Details tab, copy the names of data sets together with revision numbers and insert them into the message text.

Export in Excel.jpg

Envelope.jpg

I hope that one of these options will help you