Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

PLM XML Export of Configured Structure with Effective Date

I have a structure configured with a revision rule and an effective date, exported to PLM XML using the OOTB Transfer mode ConfiguredDataExportDefault.

The output XML seems to have captured the revision rule but not the effective date...

Can I accomplish this by authoring a new transfer mode / closure rule?

3 REPLIES

Re: PLM XML Export of Configured Structure with Effective Date

Anyone?  Do any known transfer modes support effective date?

This purely conjecture for a friend in need; I think the effectivity date in PLMXML has been resolved in current versions of Teamcenter? You would need to go through the whats new for each 10.1.x, 11.2.x to see where PLMXML fixed the effectivity issue with no guarantees that I'm on target. Or search through Solutions Center (see PR#7145747, PR#6375044)?

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Thanks @RandyEllsworth I've got 10.1 in prod, 11.2 in preprod, so if it's a fix this will happen this millenium I probably have an environment with it included...

What I'm looking for really isn't date effectivity or occurrence effectivity though, I'm just looking for setting an effective date to limit configured revisions on an imprecise rev rule to revs status'd prior to a specific date.  It's easy enough to do this in the UI, but when exporting under any transfer rule that I can imagine the XML contains the rev rule, but not the effective date.

So when the XML is used after TODAY (say through interoperate), it will configure differently if later status revs are present. 

Solution one is to try to invent a transfer mode that will work (if there is one), but we currently have some automation that uses the transfer mode BomWriterTwoLevels so at the very least it would be nice to know if that transfer mode is supposed to support it, even though I'm not seeing it.

Guess it's time for GTAC.

Points for trying, though!