cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Expiration

Experimenter
Experimenter

Is there any way to enforce a password expiration policy (i.e. force users to change their Teamcenter password every 90 days)?

Thanks,

Stefan 

8 REPLIES

Re: Password Expiration

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

To my knowledge this feature has not been provided yet. There have been ER's submitted in the past that you may be able to put your "me too!" on.

Best,

/Randy

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Experimenter
Experimenter

As Randy mentioned, there is no provision yet. However you can use SSO authentication on server side to get around this. Using the LDAP authentication ensures that the domain password policies are enforced.

In case you don't wish to configure the SSO applet on the client side then you can leave the clients without SSO. That means the authentication still will be done through LDAP domain but users won't get the SSO login applet.

Hope this answers your question. As Randy suggested, please file an ER too.

Regards,

Uday Takbhate

Siemens Canada

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for the reply. 

One more question - can Teamcenter enfore a lockout policy (e.g. three incorrect passwords and an account is locked) - for non-LDAP users?

Solution Partner Phenom

No, sorry. I don't know of an ER for that feature. Are you sure you want that feature?

Frankly, why have a Teamcenter password at all? The user has already logged into the OS which has all the features you've mentioned. Launching an app should be painless once you've logged into the OS. You've been authenticated once already.

Best,

/Randy

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

We use autologin where no credentials are entered at all, since the user has already authenticated against Windows.

There is not much needed to configure, just add the lines below to %TC_ROOT%\portal\Teamcenter.ini

-Dautologin.user=
-Dautologin.pass=

In %TC_ROOT%\portal\plugins\configuration_10000.1.0\portal_user.properties you add the following line:

enableAutologin=true

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Experimenter
Experimenter

How can I request this ER for password expiration along with lockout of account if incorrect password is enterered a given number of times.  This feature was built into Metaphase security in TC2007 Enterprise.

I understand not all companies would want this but it should be an optional module and due to our strict Part 11 compliance needs, we are in need of this module to return. 

Please advise.  Thanks!

Solution Partner Phenom

You need to call GTAC, 1(800)955-0000, and follow the prompts to enter a new incident report. Then explain the the representative what you would like and have them create the ER.

Best,

/Randy

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You can report any problem or request enhancements through the GTAC Web Site

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community