cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop-up dialog in a worfkow?

Creator
Creator

Ohhhh, so *this* is where the old PLM World forums moved to.

We've been asked to add a pop up dialog to a workflow so that when a user tries to use it they're asked, "Are you sure you really want to do this? [Yes] [No]".

I'm pretty certain that the only way to do that involves UI programming in Java, but I thought I'd ask if anyone has a trick to share.

We know about adding forms to tasks for the users to complete but that's not what the users want.

-Scott

8 REPLIES

Re: Pop-up dialog in a worfkow?

Legend
Legend

How about using EPM-display-form?

---

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh Fegade

Creator
Creator

can you make it pop up in the users face as soon as they click submit instead of having them go to their inbox to complete a new task?

Legend
Legend

It's pretty much in user's face, but happens only when user goes to his inbox and "view" the task for this EPM-display-form is set.

---

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh Fegade

Creator
Creator

That's what I thought. That isn't what they want.

This is a zero-step workflow that sets a "this rev is a mistake, don't use it anywhere" status. They want to add an immediate the-user-can't-do-anything-else-until-they-clicka-the-button dialog to make sure they really want to do that.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Nice to see you here Scott (TC Ninja). You're correct that it will require client-side programming as well as server-side processing. A real pain (no I don't have an example).

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Legend
Legend

One way to avoid server side programming is to suppress CTRL-P or File => New => Process, and instead provide pull down menu for process initiation. Then you can provide your own dialog for user to select the process and if user selects the "this rev is a mistake, don't use it anywhere" process, ask for confirmation.

---

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh Fegade

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Yikes! It can be done but...

Yogesh knows.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
I just add a Do Task or a Condition Task with a warning or question about continuing or cancelling. If they pick continue or done, great. If they decide not, they can abort the WF for the Do Task or pick No in the Condition Task which then initiates an Abort action.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,