Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preventing multiple users from initiating workflows off a single Item

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hello Workflow experts!

Right now, the workflow I’m using runs through the flow well. From Start to End. The workflow completes, and the Item is released. This is good.

The QUESTION is, how can I regulate the number of users that can start the workflow process off on a single item to 1?

Currently, if an Item is created in the system, multiple users could start a workflow process off on the same Item. (Not something I want to happen.)

So, after a user initiates the workflow off the item revision, is there a way to block other users from initiating workflows on it as well while the one workflow is in process?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Preventing multiple users from initiating workflows off a single Item

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Try this Preference: EPM_multiple_processes_targets

Setting it to Off will prohibit an object from being a target in more than one workflow.

Regards,

Don

Re: Preventing multiple users from initiating workflows off a single Item

Phenom
Phenom
As @DonKnab says, use EPM_multiple_process preference. You may have to change your workflows if you spawn subprocesses as objects can't be in 2 workflows at once, so move your targets to references and spawn from refs.

If you would rather not use this method then an alternative approach would be to create a boolean property on objects that you query for at the start of a workflow.
Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk