cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem: importing templates 'tcin_template_setup.bat' has error

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi.

I want to import NX templates to TC via 'tcin_template_setup.bat' command and many errors occurs. I've seen the "XYZ:Teamcenter/NX-CAM Integration" article and tried to do a common scenario for all templates, but no success.

1. The error is as follow:

ERROR: (920007) - Teamcenter Error: Invalid Tag %1$s - the requested object does
 not exist
        While performing import
        This error occurred while operating on the part c:\progra~1\siemens\nx9.0\ugii\templates\Drawing-F-Size-template.prt
        You should check the state of the output part for problems
        before trying this operation again

***** ug_clone import operation failed

I've used to change the ugii_env_ug.dat file as mentioned in the article, but I couldn't found the proper variable. Could anyone please help me?

2. Is it enough to just copy the UGII\Templates folder from a client NX installation to TC server and set environment vars? As i've seen it needs many TC commands like ug_clone and also the entire Template folder from NX which includes pax files.

3. Is there any command or change that should be executed on client NX installation?

5 REPLIES

Re: Problem: importing templates 'tcin_template_setup.bat' has error

Refer the link from Solution Center

ERROR (920007) Invalid Tag NULLTAG the requested object does not exist

Ganesh Kadole, QA Analyst (PLM), SQS
Testing: NX 10 | NX 11 | TCIN
TC 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | AWC 3.2

Pioneer
Pioneer

Another error appeared:

ERROR: (940329) - Pdm-based attribute mapped to TC model object is not supported
 in the current NX. See syslog for the offending attribute title. Plea
        While performing import
        This error occurred while operating on the part C:\PROGRA~1\Siemens\NX9.
0\UGII\templates\Drawing-F-Size-template.prt
        You should check the state of the output part for problems
        before trying this operation again

***** ug_clone import operation failed

But it doesn't seems to be the correct solution in:

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/view.php?sort=desc&file_type=html&q=940329...

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @sma,

To answer your original questions:

2) As far as I know you need to have NX installed in order to import the templates.  Whether it's installed on the server, or on a 2-tier client.  Open an NX command prompt, set the TC variables required to connect to the database and run the import script.  Note: the pax files are not imported.

3) No command (or change) needs to be executed other than running the import script.  You may have to make slight changes to the script, depending on your TC setup (such as default item type).

At this point it appears that your attribute mapping is failing.  Your NX syslog will give you a better idea of what is failing, for example:

*** EXCEPTION: Error code  940329 in line 879 of PDM_Services_AttributeMappingService.cxx
+++ The Pdm-based attribtue OWNING_SITE is mapped to a TC Object.

It could be due to your mappings not pointing to the correct properties in Teamcenter.  For example, mapping to owning_user rather than owning_user.user_id.  Review the following page in the NX documentation for more information: Additional definition for attributes when mapping

That said, there can be several reasons that your templates are not importing.  I would suggest contacting your local GTAC office for assistance.

Regards, Ben

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

i´ve another Problem in this dialog. After running I get the "input line is too long" error.Unbenannt.PNG

Any ideas?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @ScuderiaMensa,

This was a problem that was reported in PR 7878795 and closed in NX11.0.0 mp4.  If you only have the base install of NX11 installed, please consider upgrading to a newer version to see if you can prevent the "input line is too long" message.

Regards, Ben