cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query to Identify Assmblies where a legacy variant option is used.

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi,

I want to be able to identify via a query, the parent assembly where a legacy option is used. I have been able to write a query that will return the option set using the VariantRevision as the starting class, with the criteria:

parent_variant.parent_item.item_id. 

I.e if i enter the Item Id that the options were defined against, it will return a list of options.

I have also been able to write a query that will return the parent item if i enter the option name:

Variant<-parent_item.name

i.e If  I enter any option names, it will identify the parent Item that it is defined against.

So I believe that I am on the write track. I have looked at using query that returns an Item revision, based on "Assembly to child components" Query Hint, with the following search criteria

structure_revisions.PSOccurrence<-_parent_bvr.variant_condition.Variant:variable_one.name

However this does not return anything

Any Ideas?

2 REPLIES

Re: Query to Identify Assmblies where a legacy variant option is used.

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

try this:

structure_revisions.PSOccurrence<-parent_bvr.variant_condition.expressions.Variant:variable_one.name

Re: Query to Identify Assmblies where a legacy variant option is used.

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi edomk044,

Good pickup with the underscore before parent_bvr.

Sadly that was a typo in the post. The string I have in the query is as you suggested and returns no results