Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Red symbol= I-deas ? No JT-file found ?

Hello ( Teamcenter 10 )

Does the red boxes-symbol indicate it is a I-deas part ?

• When I try to open it in I-deas: Teamcenter's Send to I-deas. It gives an error "No JT file found for part: plateXXX".
  • So I can't open it in I-deas because I can't sent it to I-deas.
  • What JT means ?

red535.jpg

3 REPLIES

Re: Red symbol= I-deas ? No JT-file found ?

Hi @12131444,

It appears that your arrows are pointing to the item and item revision of 'some data' in Teamcenter.  Based on the remaining information it appears this is an assembly (flow chart icon) and there are several revisions (the one you're pointing to is collapsed, the one underneath expanded.

Since you're not showing the content within the Item Revision that you're pointing to we can't tell what the 'some data' is and cannot suggest what product it will open in.  Since Teamcenter Admins can customize the UI to suit the products as they see fit, we couldn't tell you what you red icons represent.

To get a better idea of the content, try standing on the Item Revision (the lower green arrow in your screenshot) and click on the Summary tab in My Teamcenter.  This will list the datasets types within that Item Revision under the Type column (e.g. UGMASTER is an NX dataset, DirectModel is a JT dataset).  If there's a simpler method, I'm sure the users in the forum will chime in.

JT files can contain facets, structure and PMI data and allow products to share information without the transfer or proprietary information (similar to STEP or IGES).  Please read the following documentation: Collaboration with JT.

Regards, Ben

[ Edited ]

Ok. We have TC yellow/green boxes but this different one had TC red boxes so I thougth it is an I-deas indicator. Good to know one can customize the symbol colors.

• No type indicator in Summary ? See photo.
  • How to know if it will open in NX or I-deas ? Can it open in both ?

kjhhgh.jpg

Hi @12131444,

My mistake, I meant to write stand on the Item Revision and then select the Details tab.  That said, we can see that this is a Material Revision.  Therefore, it's possible that what you're looking at is a material that's being managed by Teamcenter.  The only application I know of that can do this is Integrated Materials Management (IMM), but perhaps you can define your own materials using Classification.  If this is a Material dataset I don't believe you'll be able open it in NX or Ideas.  The IMM application can be used in conjunction with NX, when assigning materials to objects in an NX Manager session, but the materials are not opened directly in NX.

Regards, Ben