Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove BOM from Item

Pioneer
Pioneer

I created an Item rev in NX that was an assembly but later removed the parts in the assembly to make it a part in NX. Problem is Teamcenter thinks it is still an assembly (BOM view dataset exists) where as in NX the Item rev is a part. How do I make this Item rev a part in TC rather than an assembly?

Regards,

Clayton McPherson
TC 10.1, NX 9.0.3.4 MP7
5 REPLIES

Re: Remove BOM from Item

Genius
Genius

If your concern is only BOM, then you can delete BOM view revision (attached to rev) in TC

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Removing a BOM isn't so easy so keep good notes as you go through the process. The first step is to run a where used on the Item Revision. Now cut the Rev from each BOM and save (keep track of the quantities). Once the Rev has been removed from all other BOM's then you can delete the BOM from your Rev. Finally, after the empty BOM has been deleted, go back and add the Rev (and quantity) back into all the original BOM's. It's a lot of work.

Best,

/Randy

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Open the BOM in structure manager, if it is empty, close the structure manger and just delete it from the item revision.

The BOM displayed at item level is a link to the BOM of the last item revision, if there are multiple item revisions it is not recommended to delete the BOM anyways.

To delete a BOM, the BOM must be empty, which you check in the structure manager.

You also need to delete the wave position and geometry references.

Generally deleting in Teamcenter should be avoided, since it is a time consuming task due to the huge amount of cross references.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I was afraid it was not a simple task. I think I will hold off on deleting unless there is a great need to.

Regards,

Clayton McPherson
TC 10.1, NX 9.0.3.4 MP7

Creator
Creator

Hello,

while deleting BVR from item, i am getting an error saying " The BOM View revision cannot be  modified" please check access rights.  I am the owner of the item

I cleared completed depenedencies (removed all levels of child, cat parts, JT's). under item revision only BVR, item rev master form, view folder exists. 

Please help me how to delete BVR for that item