Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Different Versions of TC

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello All,

We had some users updated from TC 11.2.3 to 11.5. The users that were updated are running on 4Tier clients. When the server running the 2Tier client was updated, there were errors and the update failed. Is there any serious implications of our users running TC11.5 on there machines, and the server still running 11.2.3? Everything seems ok, except for the summery tab being blank (not a big deal to us). Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Running Different Versions of TC

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
it "might" work - but I highly recommend not to do it!

what kind of errors did you have on the server side? maybe a look at the TC_ROOT\install\install_updater*.log could help here...

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello @MarkusK,

Thank you for the response. Here is the log and snippet of the error. Just to see what would happen, I renamed that folder in TCROOT, re-ran the update and the patch went a little further but kept failing to unzip folders. I have full access on all the folders on our production server, and I didnt have this issue when I patched test.Thank you for your feedback.

Patch Error.PNG

Legend
Legend

Legend
Legend

ERROR: Can not delete output file : Access is denied. : C:\Siemens\TC11\fsc\bin\TcFSCService.exe

May be FSCService still running? Check this

Highlighted

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
seems like windows or antivirus is still accessing this executable:
C:\Siemens\TC11\fsc\bin\TcFSCService.exe

try to rename it and perform a retry