Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save JT Data Vs. Export JT

Pioneer
Pioneer

I have a question regarding viewing assemblies in VisView. My issue is with saving the JT in NX Vs. JT Export. I have the customer defaults set to create the JT on save with environment variable UGII_GENERATE_MULTI_CAD=1, and I configured the tessUG.config for useRefsets = "ALL" . When I view the assembly in VisView, it doesn’t show the reference sets . I have to click on the action tab, reference sets, find reference sets, click “entire part”, “All”. The only way that I can get the reference sets to load when opening the assembly, is to export the JT outside of Teamcenter, then import the JT into Teamcenter as a direct model dataset. Is there a way to get the “Save” feature to work the way “Export” works? Do they use a different tranlater or tess.config? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Teamcenter visualization 11.2

Teamcenter 11.2.3

NX 10.0.3 MP19, will be moving to NX11.0.2 MP7

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Save JT Data Vs. Export JT

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

In the TC Vis preferences, there is an option for Reference Set Load Order (File --> Preferences --> 3D Loader --> Reference Sets).

Move Entire Part to the top and see if it helps.

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

You might also need to uncheck "Teamcenter Reference Set settings take precedence" on the 3D Loader Preferences dialog.

Ben Broad | PLM Enthusiast | Siemens GCSS

NX (v17 - 1876) | Teamcenter (9 - 12)
Value Based Licensing | Adaptive UI | BETA Registration

I have the customer defaults set to create the JT on save with environment variable UGII_GENERATE_MULTI_CAD=1, and I configured the tessUG.config for useRefsets = "ALL" . When I view the assembly in VisView, it doesn’t show the reference sets. 

In order to get this to work I had to set the following in tessUG.config:

• structureOption="MULTICAD"
  • useRefSet="ALL"

I also had to create a MODEL Reference Set at each assembly level in my structure.

NXRefSets.png

Sending the BVR to Lifecycle viewer then shows MODEL as my Reference Set (having set 3D Loader Preferences to [As Saved]).

LifecycleVis.png

One thing I found odd was that when structureOption was set to "PER PART", a separate JT is created in the DirectModel dataset for each Reference Set.

MultiJTNamedRefs.png

When set to MULTICAD a single JT is created, however, it is still able to manage the individual reference sets from within that single JT.

NamedRefsInTc.png

I did not have to set UGII_GENERATE_MULTI_CAD.

Regards, Ben

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you all. I appreciate the feedback. :)

Now that the reference sets are opening with the assembly, I have a couple more questions.

1. How can the assembly be viewed in "Viewer" or "JT Viewer", in Teamcenter? Do I need to create a JT dataset for those?

2. I use the ugii_env.dat file for all variables. Can the tessUG.config be controlled by a variable, to be used by all clients?

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

For #1, My Teamcenter is cannot configure structures. So generally you do not view assemblies there. You would need to open it open in the Lifecycle Viewer perspective or send it to an app that can configure structure like Structure Manager, Multi Structure Manager, Mfg Process Planner, etc.

It is possible to create a monolithic JT of the entire assembly and view it in the My Teamcenter viewer, but this is not done often because the monolithic assembly becomes old once any part in it is modified.

Not sure about #2.

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
For #2, NX Custom is a good choice for implementing site-wide standards. Here's the link for NX 11...
https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Programming-Customization-Forum/NXcustom-for-NX11...

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

2. I use the ugii_env.dat file for all variables. Can the tessUG.config be controlled by a variable, to be used by all clients?

You would have to point to a copy of the entire PVTRANS directory:

#  PVTRANSUI
#
# PVTRANSUI_DIR points to the directory containing pvtransui application
#
PVTRANSUI_DIR=${UGII_BASE_DIR}\pvtrans
#

Regards, Ben

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you all,

Sorry to jump around on this, but I have another question regarding viewing JT assemblies in VisView. Now that the reference sets are showing, I noticed some differences between the way they look in NX vs. VisView. I took a couple of snippets to show an example. The 30015E is a reference set.

In_NX_2.PNGViewing in NXTC_Vis_2.PNGViewing in VisView

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
So the graphic for the label shows in the JT but not in VisView?
- How is the graphic applied to the Label in the authoring software and then wrapped to fit the cylinder?

And the "position" data for the labels in VisView is wrong?
- What does the position matrix in the tc BOM show?

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4