cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save as Option variants condition to new TC#

Experimenter
Experimenter

i am using legacy variant condition in Teamcenter 10. I have one structure which is configured using option and variants condition. I need a way to save as the same structure to new TC# with all the options and variants condition . Please help on this

3 REPLIES

Re: Save as Option variants condition to new TC#

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hello Prasanna,

There are ways to copy the variant expressions from source structure to target structure.

I assume with new TC#, you meant new number for all Objects within new target structure.

[1] Cloning feature in MPP application within teamcenter allows you to copy variant expression

[2] if you do not have MPP license, then try this approach:

- Duplicate your source structure to create a target structure

- Temporarily, paste this new structure under source structure or vice versa....so that both structures are in same BOM window.

- now select the source line (with variant expression) and target line and click on variant expression editor...and click save on the editor....the expression should get copied to target line.

one copied separate the structures.

Best Regards

Harish

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Harish,

Thanks for the Reply. We can Copy the Variant Condition or expression from Source Sturcture to Target Structure, but unable to get the Defined Variant Name and Variants. I need to Copy Both Variant Condition as well as Variants. Please help me out

Thanks

Prasanna

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hello Prasanna,

It is better to keep option names and values separately on an independent item (option owning item).

This way, you can reuse the option names and values from both source structure and target structure.

or

If you have a need to make copies of option name and values (to vary option name and values in the target structure), then you could create a clone of the 'independent option owning item' (using plmxml export and import). 

Best Regards

Harish