Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set status to item revision after import file

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, I'm quite new in TeamCenter so maybe this is an easy thing to do, but I haven't find the way.

I have to import thousands of TIF files (images) in TeamCenter, each file goes to his Item revision, I have done this part with a powershell script that reads all the file names and if they correspond to an item revision, the script imports the file into this item revision. It works like a charm.

The second part is that I have to set "approved" status to the item revisions I have imported files to. So, there are two parts:

1.- import the file. Done with

"import-file.exe -u=xxx -p=xxx -f=filepath -type=TIF -item=xxx -revision=xxx -d=xxx -ref=TIF_Reference -ie=y"

2.- set status. Pending. Is there a command like set-status -u=xxx -p=xxx -item=xxx -revision=xxx -status="approved"?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES

Re: Set status to item revision after import file

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

I am not aware of a utility that can do it. 

What can be done is using plmxml_export modify the PLMXML file i.e. add the status and then run plmxml_import to import the modfified file. Needs some more scripting.

xtof

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you xtof,

I saw that procedure but i thought it would be a easiest way.

I've created a WorkFlow that sets the "approved" status, maybe there's a way to launch the workflow with any command?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

You can put all the Revisions into a folder in Home, like ReleaseMe, then run release_man against the folder to set the status. Note: you'll need to belong to the DBA group for the folder to work otherwise just use infodba and put the "ReleaseMe" folder in infodba's Home.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Experimenter
Experimenter

Good solution! How do I put all item revisions in a folder. The script must:

1.- Import files to his item revision -->done!

2.- Copy item revision to the folder --> how?

3.- release_man all the item revision in the folder --> done! -->release_man -u=xxx -p=xxx -spec -status="xxx" -folder="setstatus"

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Are you familiar with the MSA toolset? The toolset is downloadable from GTAC. Although designed for Multisite, the toolset is very effective for creating and populating folders. Using the tc_extraxt_msa util with the "-report_type=folder" and a list "-filename=" or one-off "-item_id=" will allow you to populate a given folder with Items. However, you don't want to release Items, unless you are obsoleting them.

You'll have to manually populate the folder by expanding the Items and copy/paste the objects below the Item that you want to have a status applied. Then delete the Items from the folder before running release_man.

Good luck!

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2