Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Edge equivalent to UG GEOMETRY

Phenom
Phenom

Does anyone know if there is an equivalent Structure Manager property to UG GEOMETRY (=NO) for Solid Edge integration or a different way of achieving the same goal?

I'd like to turn on SEEC_BOM_Synchronize, and then allow users to add lines in Str Man that they can optionally choose not to have appear in the 3D CAD. For example they could add 20 bolts to the BOM, but not have the bolts appear floating in space in their model.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge equivalent to UG GEOMETRY

Legend
Legend

On customer site we use Solidworks and we use UG GEOMETRY Set to no to achieve this and it works fine for Solidworks data so I would assume it would fine for Solid Edge data too.

Richard Bennett

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk

Genius
Genius

Alex

We have same requirement. I am trying to get it work. it does not happen.  We want to add part in Str manager that should not be visible in inside the solid edge. if you able to do this, could you explain steps.

Regards

Venny

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Venny 

The way we're working it is to keep SEEC_BOM_Synchronize off. When you add a part in structure manager, it does one of two things;

• If the TC Item has SE file, it is ignored when next opened in SE
  • If the TC Item does not have SE file, it will appear in the tree with a green triangle icon, an "unpositioned dependant" as it says when you hover over.

This way of working is very new to us (since christmas) but seems to work fine so far. Our main goal is to get the Structure Manager BOM correct as this will be driving our new ERP system shortly. 

Genius
Genius

Alex

Thanks for help and support. "If the TC Item has SE file, it is ignored when next opened in SE" . this solves the half of my problem. Still I have to work/find information.

Again Thanks