Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Parts Library

Genius
Genius

Hi All.

I have standards parts that I can use while not working in teamcenter.

If I want to use standard parts while working in teamcenter, does the standard parts library have to be in teamcenter.

If so, how do I do it?

10 REPLIES

Re: Standard Parts Library

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @Dazzie

Yes, the files need to be in Teamcenter.  If you're referring to the Machinery Library, that's provided by Siemens PLM, an installation wizard is provided to install the libraries into Teamcenter.  Otherwise, you'll have to look into manually importing the parts using tcin_import or ug_clone.

Regards, Ben

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

And if you search the solution center, and find this:

How to configure Reuse Library inside teamcenter to use native directories?

It will only let you look at the standard parts, you won't be able to actually use them.  I'm not really sure what the intent was, but it didn't do what I thought it would Smiley Happy

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

@DaveK,

Note that if you make a native Reuse Library node "Available in Teamcenter" it will display the native folders in Teamcenter, but attempting to add parts from that native folder into your NX Manager session will raise the following dialog:

Screenshot - 8_24_2017 , 11_30_30 AM.png

Regards, Ben

Gears Phenom

So @BenBroad what was the purpose of this paper?  is there some use for this, that I'm just not seeing?

-Dave

I had a feeling someone would ask Smiley Wink so I ran it by the Reuse Development team.  They explained that you can import 'objects' to the work part using native folders in TC;  For example, you can add reuse objects, symbols, 2D Sections, e.t.c., but you cannot add components from a native folder to TC.

Regards, Ben

Gears Phenom

They should have made that clearer in the document.   It would have saved me from some complaints, when users saw it, and couldn't use any of the standard parts Smiley Happy

-Dave

Genius
Genius

Hi.

I'm not sure why it wasn't clear.

While working on assemblies in SE7 in Teamcenter, I want to use standard nuts, bolts, washers etc.

When you select the standard part I get an error message 'Cannot work with unmanaged documents in Teamcenter mode'

This is because there is no standard parts library in Teamcenter.

Where do I get the standards library from and how do I install it to Teamcenter?

Oh, sorry. I automatically assumed you were using NX.

Ben

Genius
Genius

Hi Ben.

I should probably have mentioned it at the begining.