Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure Manager Error

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Structure manager view is created under Item type. How to remove this? 

Untitled32.png

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Structure Manager Error

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hello, this is PSBOMViewRevision and it's created under your revision

What version of Teamcenter do you use? In versions of Teamcenter 11.2.X there is a problem with its removal, and Siemens PLM wrote that they believe this will be fixed in Teamcenter 11.3.
I have a version of Teamcenter 11.2.3 and I confirm the problem with removing the empty PSBOMViewRevision.

If you have another version of Teamcenter, make sure that you delete all occurrences in Structure Manager before deleting PSBOMViewRevision

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Arthur, Thanks for your reply, We are using version 11.3, still we are not able to delete it.We just want to delete PSBOMViewRevision view not this item, because we used this item in almost every BOM. If we keep this item as it is then will it create any trouble in future?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Just in case, check the following behavior on the Item:

a) Create Item
b) Select ItemRevision
c) Create new BOMViewRevision on ItemRevision (In main menu File - New - Bom View Revision ... or press Ctrl + B)
d) Select new BOMViewRevision, after creation try to delete it

You will receive the message Property BOM View Revision is not modifiable

I think that there should be no problems, but I think that with this Item you need to be more careful. When approving this Item, it should not have occurrences and BOMViewRevision itself must be approved (so that it can not be modified later).

i am able to see only BVR(BOM View Revision) & not BV (BOM View), why so?

There should BOM View as well under Item.

Please open that BVR in Structure Manager and check there should be any child lines in the structure,

if present remove those lines, and make sure to save and close the structure manager after removing.

after this you should be able to delete the BVR.