Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Structure Manager - No configured Revision?

Dear all,

my colleague played with precise/imprecise toggle and managed to destruct the structure of an assembly. Most of components lost their revision configuration while in Precise or Latest Working revision rule view. Latest Working by Creation Date shows correct parts. How can I configure revisions for selected lines?

Thanks for help in forehand.

Michal

26-04-2017 12-57-12.jpg

6 REPLIES

Re: Structure Manager - No configured Revision?

Hello,

I believe item in your structure have no status (unreleased items). If that's the case, I would first double check if  'working()' entry is present in the 'Latest Working' revision rule. Let me know after your check.

Have you verified if the resultant structure is completely imprecise or precise?

Harish

[ Edited ]

Hello Harrish,

thanks for answering.

Is this picture enough to answer your questions?

26-04-2017 15-04-42.jpg

Hi @MichalLam,

I believe @HarishVenkat wants you to show how your "Latest Working" Revision Rule has been configured.  From Structure Manager, select "Tools > Revision Rule > View/Set Current" and click on "Latest Working".  Upload a screenshot of the "Details" window for this Revision Rule.

From your original screenshot, it appears as though the structure is loading as Imprecise with a Precise revision rule, i.e., you have no revisions defined for the Precise Structure (per the Rule Configured By column listing 'No Configured Revision').  What happens if you select "Edit > Toggle Precise/Imprecise".  I'm guessing it will show the revisions that were saved with the precise structure.

Regards, Ben

Hi. Here are the screenshots. Toggle does not work.

BR,

Michal

26-04-2017 16-59-21.jpg26-04-2017 17-01-08.jpg26-04-2017 17-00-18.jpg

@MichalLam,

I can't really see those screenshots, but I think I get the gist.  You won't be able to toggle precise/imprecise because you have no configured revision in the structure.

What if you set the Revision Rule to "Latest Working by Creation Date" as you say it shows correct parts (I assume you mean the correct revisions), and then toggle precise/imprecise (to precise) and save the structure.  You can then change the Revision Rule back to Latest Working and toggle precise/imprecise back to an imprecise structure.

Regards, Ben

[ Edited ]

It worked! Thanks!

Anyhow I would appreciate to get an answet on how to set items precise without changing the revision rule.