Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Structure Manager with Reference-Only Components

Experimenter
Experimenter

@RandyEllsworth wrote:
By setting the ref_only in NX you're telling the integration to ignore those components when syncing with Teamcenter. There is no way for Teamcenter to know about them.
It's similar functionality as with using "No Geometry" in structure manager to hide entries from NX. NX knows nothing about the entries.
They're working as designed.

Curious if there is a similar option/setting in Creo 2 perhaps in combination with an iPEM.xml setting to achieve the same results?

Scott Crowe, Principal Product Designer, Delta Faucet Company

TCU 11.2

Creo 2.0

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Found this old thread when searching for how to see the "reference-only" parts in Teamcenter., but I haven't found any answer. Is it any possibility to see this realation, or is the information only stored in the assembly part file?

This is an migration issue. How to fetch these components that are referenced-only?

Found an simular thread for how to show relations in Teamcenter for NX parts that are defined as "Part is reference only" in NX drawing, and I hoped it would be similar as referenced-only in the assembly.

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Users-Forum/Show-relations-in-Teamcenter-...

Best Regards

Ove

Genius
Genius

I've spoken to Siemens about this issue and it appears it's an old issue that hasn't had much focus. The long story is the way NX and Teamcenter were managed they used to have a group they referred to as the NX manager group. They were responsble for connecting the functionality across Teamcenter and NX. The functionality of the Component is Reference Only has had some history that at the time whoever may have requested that functionality either wanted to not show those items in Teamcenter OR it was missed by the NX manager group and functionality to display and process those items in Teamcenter were overlooked.

They are currently in the process of considering ways to show and represent these reference flagged items within all the functions in Teamcenter, be that the structure manager, impact analysis, etc.

Unknown when we might see a change to Teamcenter for this to work, but if you have time please write up an IR requesting the same functionality and reference the ER number 7774544, so to help GTAC bundle them together showing the increased interest.

Thanks!

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Thank you Correy!

I will contact GTAC and create an IR for this.

Best Regards

Ove