Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppressed elements in NX

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

When I supress a component in a NX assembly I can still see it in the structure manager of TC. Is there a way to hide it or at least tag it? Sometimes I supress an instance of a component but not others.

6 REPLIES

Re: Suppressed elements in NX

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Javiduc,

In NX under the component properties (Assembly tab) check option 'Component is Reference-Only' then it will not be visible in the structure manager.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you Ganesh, but I "need" that the supression command be undestood by TC not to use a different tool to not show components in structure manager because it would take us more time and as not visual as supression command it may lead to mistakes.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

In Structure Manager, in the View Menu, uncheck "Show Suppressed Occurrences".

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you Donknab, it worked perfectly in the structure manager and in the reports (I think).

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes, you'll also notice that the setting in Structure Manager affects things like plmxml export, and utilities like BOMWriter.  If Show Suppressed Occurrences is toggled on in SM, then running BOMWriter outside of Teamcenter (on the same workstation) will honor that setting.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Ganesh, your advise of using REFERENCE_COMPONENT is also useful, I think I can use it for manage some assemblies that are manufactured outside or company and we dont "care" about structure. Thank you!