cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TC Import an n assy

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Everyone,

When importing an native assembly I have this question.

I clean out the assembly so that only the parts inside the particular assembly will be imported that is relevant to the particular assembly.

I also clean out the folder so that there is no files that is not in the assembly.

My question is, how do I get the assembly to only reflect the latest configuration as per the last save. What happens is that a lot of “dead wood” so to speak comes up on the import form. This is causing confusion and heaps of work.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES

Re: TC Import an n assy

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
I think you have to close and reopen the assembly but its been a while since I've had to deal with that.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Re: TC Import an n assy

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @stanvdm1,

Two things to consider:

1) Files renamed on the OS

If a component part file has been renamed on the OS, the assembly will still continue to load the renamed component, however it will still have a pointer back to the old filename.  When importing parts, the command will load the new renamed component but it will also prompt for the old part - which does not exist.

2) Interpart associations

Assemblies and their components can contain interpart links to other files.  This can include Positioning Constraints, WAVE linked geometry, interpart expressions and so on.  The import command will prompt for each parent of an interpart reference.  I assume your importing using "Add Assembly" rather than "From Folder", therefore I would be inclined to add the assembly and at least complete a dry run before I start removing parts from the folder on the OS.  It is OK to remove the components from the assembly, just make sure that all references to those parts have also been removed.

You might also want to consider executing Part Cleanup, just in case there are any rogue tags that have not be deleted.

Regards, Ben