Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

TC Seach tool

Hi,

I am very new to Tc. i managed to import some of my part to TC now. As I need to quickly learn how to find parts I am doinf a search. I noticed there is a search for local stuff, so I used the local search.

It does not look the same as the searh command in the help files so I am not sure where that one is. anyway;

Using the part/item description delivers no results. If I know the part ID it works.

I don't hink I will ever know the part ID, how am I suppose to use the searh so that I can find the parts by entering some string in the search box?

Thanks you in advance.

3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author stanvdm1
‎07-06-2016 05:27 PM

Re: TC Seach tool

Part number is equivalent to ItemID, so you can use search query "Item..." and provide part number in the field "Item ID".

Alternatively, use query "General..." and specify part number followed by asterik symbol (*) in Name field.

Solution
Solution
‎07-06-2016 05:27 PM

A best practice is to "clear" the form before entering your search terms using the "eraser" icon. It defaults to you being the owner of the object you're searching for which may not be the case.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Solution
Solution
‎07-06-2016 05:28 PM

Hello,

within teamcenter, it is natural to search for parts using name and description instead of IDs.  you can suffix/prefix wild cards to name and description that you typed in the search field. 

Best Regards

Harish