Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TC Upgrade from TC 10.1.5 to TC 12.1 - Migrating Master forms to Item and Item Revision

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hello Everyone

My customer is upgrading their Teamcenter from TC 10.1.5 to TC 12.1. As a part of this they wanted to migrate the Item Master and Item Revision master forms Custom Attributes to the Item and Item Revision respectively (custom attributes on secondary object to the Primary).  

Can anybody help me in pointing to the relavant documentation or any pointers in acheiving this?

Thanks

Sathish.

3 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: TC Upgrade from TC 10.1.5 to TC 12.1 - Migrating Master forms to Item and Item Revision

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Data transformations are also known as a migration. Would you migrate data and upgrade at the same time?

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Re: TC Upgrade from TC 10.1.5 to TC 12.1 - Migrating Master forms to Item and Item Revision

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter
I think Upgrade is only a starting point. As I get clarity I am seeing this a migration aspect. Are there any tools which can help me extract from TC 10.1.5 and import it to TC 12.1 seamlessly? Thanks Sathish.

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Migrations always take work AND money. The easiest probably is eQube MI (pay for connectors). The next most likely is CSV2TCXML which is complicated and has a seriously steep learning curve but is FAST! Others involve multisite or other third party software that can be expensive and slow. Keep us posted.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4