Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Task is stuck in the users Folder after the workflow finished

I have to delete the tasks manually after they finish. Any idea what to do?

In GTAC there is a call but unfortunately no solution because of lack of infos.

Any ideas what to do there?

Greetings from Germany

M

7 REPLIES

Re: Task is stuck in the users Folder after the workflow finished

Not sure about the full requirement. Do you want to delete them manually since its stucked in User's inbox? or the requirement itself is to delete the task after user's completes the task?

I want them to disappear after the Task is done.

Hi,

with user folder, you mean: 'Task to Track' or 'Task to Perform' folder?

I would recommend review the workflow process design (possible issue with signoffs) if you observe that the tasks from a particular workflow continues to linger in user's folder after the workflow is finished.

Harish

Hi Harish,

thanks for your reply, its the "Tasks to Perform"-Folder.

Thanks!

Hello,

I've seen this behavior till Teamcenter 10.x.

Are you on TC10.x or less?

Harish

Hello Harish,

its 10.1 2 tier.

Thanks!

When this happens, typically it suggests that either the rule handler or action handler has encountered an error condition. That is - either rule handler returned EPM_nogo, or action handler returned other than ITK_ok.

Your post suggests that the workflow seems to be finished, but does not leave the inbox. This would suggest that error is in complete action of the root task of the workflow process. Look in all action handler/rule handlers there. syslog/jnl file may be able to give you more information if error is reported there.

If you don't have any action/rule handlers in complete action of the root task, then check handlers in complete action of the last task prior to finishing the job.

If handlers are encountering error conditions, then you will be able to see those errors, if you select the task in the inbox, right click, and go to action=>complete (perform manual complete action on the task). It should display error message if handlers are reporting it properly. That should give you some idea about what's happening.

---

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh Fegade