Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Team Center is very slow

My team center is very slow. No matter what I do, or what application I use within Team Center I end up waiting for minutes at a time between from one click to the next for Team Center to actually respond. Sometimes it just freezes and I end up having to  kill the process and start over. This is a constant problem, and it is very frustrating.

I am running Teamcenter version 10.1.4 (64 bit) on windows 7 profesiional edition.

Does anybody have any recommendations on how to fix the problem?

6 REPLIES

Re: Team Center is very slow

What can you tell me about your client installation? 2tier? 4tier TEM? 4tier OTW? How far away are you from the Database server? Are you using J2EE or the .NET stack? The more we know, the more we can help.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Well I know I am using the rich client,  however, as far as what tier I am using I don't know. Also I don't know what J2EE is or .NET stack. Where can I find this information?

I included a screenshot of my Teamcenter information just incase that helps.

It looks like you're running 4tier, whether TEM or OTW, I can't tell from the screen shot. Can you attach the Log file? It's on the ELBSRVNWH340 server at C:\Temp\tcserver.exe21640ab3.syslog. That's not the normal location so I know that there have been some configuration changes.

How would I get access to the server? Do I need to contact the Admin? Or can I do that remotely?

If you don't know how to reach the server then you should contact your admin for assistance. I don't want to get you (or me) in trouble by breaching security (by obfuscation).

That sounds like a good idea, okay thank you. I wil do that.