Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

TeamCenter folders

I would like to know where the information is stored for my folders in Teamcenter 10. Thanks

Shags72 Mfg. Eng.
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
NX 8.5.2.3 MP3 Teamcenter 8
Dell M6700 i7-3740QM 8GB RAM,
NVIDIA Quadro k3000M
6 REPLIES

Re: TeamCenter folders

It's stored in a table in the database.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

[ Edited ]

So that is probably nothing that I as a user, not and admin could get to, correct? We are going to a new TC and I have a lot of folders that won't be making the migration and was hoping it was in my app data or something that I could copy and paste into the new app data.

Shags72 Mfg. Eng.
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
NVIDIA Quadro k3000M

You cannot/should not access the DB directly to view tables and data (unsupported activity). However, as a user you have access to your Folders and their content directly in Teamcenter. You don't have to worry about where the data is stored since Teamcenter takes care of that for you.

Do you have a specific problem that you're trying to solve?

Yes the migration is not including our personal folders which includes our newstuff and all inside it so I will lose all my part/fixture history that I use for references or make froms. Other than screenshotting the contents or export to excel and opening copying and pasting into the folders I will have to recreate, is there any other way to more easily get this information into the new TC?

Shags72 Mfg. Eng.
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
NVIDIA Quadro k3000M
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author shags72
‎06-23-2017 04:56 PM

I'm not clear on why you are migrating from Teamcenter to Teamcenter but that's a moot point. Now that I know what the real problem is then I think I can give you (or your vendor) some advice. You can download the MSA (Multi-Site Assistant) tool set from GTAC. A key function, for us non-multisite people, of the utilities is the ability to manage folders. Using the utility you can create and populate folders from a list of Item Id's. So as long as the Items have been created in the new environment then you should be able to populate your personal folders. Extract the list from the old and use it as input to populate the new. Good luck!

Thanks for your help on this. We are going from a site Team Center to a Global Team Center so that is why the migration. I would love to do what you say but that sounds like and administrator's duty and I think they would not be happy if I tried to do something like that. More than one of us has asked about this and they just said that we would not be getting our Newstuff from the old TC.  Thanks again!

Shags72 Mfg. Eng.
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
NVIDIA Quadro k3000M