Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Teamcenter 10

Hi Everybody ,

Is there any faster way to upload large volume of NX files into teamcenter 10  for new parts( need to create new number ) or for existent part ( so no need to creat new number just update) ?

The traditional way  for new is file-- new --part --assign number for the part ------ then check in the part---righ click --name refrence and upload from local computer .

the traditional way for existent part ,just check in ---right click - name reference--delete --upload new local part --and base line 

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter 10

Yikes! You cannot muck with named references for NX datasets as you are breaking all kinds of relations. Use the NX Clone utility which is used behind the scenes with the NX menu picks for exporting/importing form/to Teamcenter.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

If I have new assembly to upload, I think clone will work fine as well as I can use import assembly into teamcenter from NX, but my case I have for example 150 parts for different subassemblies (minor changes in the sub-assemblies).

I have to search each part in teamcenter then I hit right click on the Geofin file, after that Name references menu to delete the old part and upload the new part.

http://plmdojo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/section-1dojo-massprop-031.png

do you think NX Clone will work fine to update an existing assembly in teamcenter or even individual part?

NX Clone is the right tool to use since it maintains all the correct relations. e.g. wave links, etc. NX uses nx clone in the background when you select import to Teamcenter or export from Teamcenter on the NX menu. You can choose what to do with existing files, overwrite, skip, etc. It has many options and is a very powerful tool so take some time to become familiar with it before going whole hog. NX documentation is very good on this subject.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Thank You I will study this .