Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter 11 and Master Model Support

Creator
Creator

Hello,  This is a general question that hopefully someone can confirm.  I have heard that with Teamcenter 11 Siemens has choosen that all Items that are created for NX CAD must follow Master Model approach.  Meaning, when you create a UGMaster Dataset for the 3D data, you will be forced to create a UGPart for the 2D drawing.  Our current practice is that the UGMaster houses 3D data and 2D drawing.  Tryign to plan for upgrade, and this may be a big challenge.

Thank you,  Aaron Ruple

Aaron Ruple
Navistar Inc.
6 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter 11 and Master Model Support

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Hi Aaron, I'm running Tc11.2 w/NX10.0.3 and have not experienced this issue. If they changed the default behavior then it would be listed in the Release Notes along with the work-around (change a property) to revert the behavior for a period of time (couple of releases). If you don't see anything listed in the release notes then I'm pretty confident that change is false.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Hi Aaron,

Nothing has changed. I'd be curious to know where you got this information.

Regards, Ben

Creator
Creator

Hello Randy, 

Yah, I browsed those areas but couldn't find anything specific for that subject.  I have heard this 2nd hand and was somewhat shocked, so wanted to find some facts before I followed up.

Aaron

Aaron Ruple
Navistar Inc.

Creator
Creator

Hello Ben,  Supposedly it was mentioned by our Siemens technical support team that did an onsite overview of latest versions.  I wasn't here for the sessions, so I was hoping something was just misunderstood by our team and/or not clearly defined by Siemens.  As Randy noted, a change like this is fairly large and we would have heard/read details versions ago.  Granted, we are multiple versions behind.  I found in NX documentation that it is still supported, so found it odd that it would have been restricted in Teamcenter.

Aaron Ruple
Navistar Inc.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Hi Aaron,

I have confirmation from the Product Manager that nothing has changed.

Regards, Ben

Creator
Creator
Thank you Ben - I appreciate. Aaron
Aaron Ruple
Navistar Inc.