Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter 11 webclient

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Everyone,

I'm entering the teamcenter interface from the internet browser.( Thin client - web client)

I can't see solid edge data in the display section.(I can't see the 3d data image.)

1.JPG2.JPG

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Teamcenter 11 webclient

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend
I am not the SolidEdge expert... what 3d image do you expect? is it the real 3d model you can zoom/pan/cut...? or is it just a preview of the file at the time it was saved (in NX we call it *.qaf - quick access file)?
If you like to view the 3d data in form of JT you need to choose a different dataset --> DirectModel - the one below you SolidEdge dataset... but therefor you need to have TcVis installed - which might get complicated with the bit-ness of TcVis and the browser... (32 bit vs 64 bit)
Since the Thinclient is not supported anymore in Teamcenter 12 (it is just not available there anymore) I'd suggest to have a look at active workspace!

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for quick return;
Here is my request.
3D data viewing preferences rotate, zoom out, zoom in . I can do this with the program installed on the computer. I can't see it on the Internet interface.
Do I need a setting for this?
If there is no easy way, I'll install it. (TcVis and the browser... 64 bit)3.JPG

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend
you need to install TcVis - but as mentioned - I don't know which bit-ness is needed...
as mentioned - I would not invest a lot of effort here because the ThinClient died in Tc12!

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
The reason @MarkusK mentions the bit-ness is because IE comes in two flavors: x86 and x64. By default x86 IE is launched and not x64. When installing TcVis x64 to enable viewing 3D in the thin client (also need FCC installed) it may not work if you launch x86 IE. When it does work properly, it launching TcVis to show the JT.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4