Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Teamcenter Engineering copy item numbers / description

Dear All,

I have a question how can I copy Item Number and (or) Item Name (description) from Rich client into a clipboard. Once I choose item and make simple copy and then try to paste it into my email I get a link to the item in Teamcenter (something like: http://.../launchapp?-attach=true&-s=226TCSession&-o=gheR...) instead of Item_number:Item_ description (or Item_number/001:Item_description). Is there a way other then open Properties window and search for a field in which I can find what I need?

Best regards,

Piotr

3 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter Engineering copy item numbers / description

[ Edited ]

If you're looking for some standard properties like item ID, name, and description you can select the object you want to copy property values from and then select the Viewer tab. The values for the properties are selectable and you can use Ctrl+C to copy them to your clipboard.

Arden Bedell | Teamcenter Wonk | Applied CAx, LLC

ardenb,

thank You for Your reply. Unfortunately it does not resolve my issue. When I choose Viewer tab it gives me opportunity to review the content data (drawing, 3D, excel/word content, ...) instead of metadata (Name, description) You are talking about. Only when I pick items which Teamcenter cannot recongize as viewable then I see list of metadata which I can simply Ctrl+C.

Best Regards,

Piotr

Then you may want to edit the summary stylesheet for your business objects and add the property you need to able to copy to it.

Do a Dataset search and enter XMLRenderingStylesheet as the type. Select the summary stylesheet for you business object in the results view, then open the Viewer tab to see its contents.

There's a pretty good description of what you can do with stylesheets in the help files under Customizing Teamcenter -> Client Customization -> Enterproie-wide configuration -> Using style sheets.

Arden Bedell | Teamcenter Wonk | Applied CAx, LLC