Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter License Count

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello everybody,

I know that you can see the total amount of licenses in the license file.

A-How can I see the amount of Active Licenses?

B- Amount of the Free Licenses?

C- If the number of Active Licenses + Free Licenses ≠ Total Licenses

It is because of switching some users from and to Author licenses. Where can I see this information?

D-If I switch a user, how long should I have to wait till I can use his License.

Please notice that the amount of Licenses is huge, I would prefer to not check every user in the Organisation App.

Thanks in advance,

M.

3 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter License Count

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius
Unfortunately, I think you will have to go through each user. However, if you find the original license order, then you will know the maximum total amount of users. Assuming each new user consumes a license file, then you can get your resultant.

I can answer that if you deactivate a user, or activate one, the consumed license will quite quickly. My thoughts for if you want an exact number, maybe make a custom query? Search users and return the defined criteria.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Have you downloaded and installed the LicenseUsageAuditTool? See additional_applications\LicenseUsageAuditTool directory in the LicenseUsageAuditTool.zip file. It reads the FlexLM log file, which gets reset each time you restart the license service, so you'll need to archive the log before stopping the service.

If you don't like that tool (or its no longer available) then login to Teamcenter as an author. Select Tools > Report > Report Builder Reports. Report Generation Wizard > License Usage Report. Use "User ID" = *. Save the output as CSV. Use Excel to view the report.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius
Hi Randy,

I was searching for license utilization search in the community and I found your topic, it's very useful.
Best Regards,
Jeethan Rohan