Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter License Types

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi

Please could someone advise what the below license type numbers mean, I have inserted what I think are the Types:

0 – full author

1 – occasional author

2 - consumer

3 - ?

4 - ?

5 – infodba

Also - which License Type does an Active Workspace Client consume?

Many thanks.

3 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter License Types

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
I can't find a table anywhere that shows the breakdown. I'm pretty sure that "5" is admin and is reserved for "infodba" and "dcproxy". My best guess on the others: "0" is Author, "1" is Occasional User, "2" is Consumer. Either 3 or 4 is Viewer.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

There are no special licenses for AWC.

So in this case No. 2 - Consumer.

I am also quite curios about license 3&4.

Interesting for use would be a "occasional consumer" license. We intend to use AWC for all of our sales people in the future. Just to give them the capability to search and view drawings. The most of them will for sure not use AWC for more than 5 hours a months.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Yes, licensing can get expensive when including a larger audience. Most companies I've dealt with have created an external repository for released drawings to save on licensing costs. When the Item Revision is released in Teamcenter then the targets and meta data are exported to a watched folder in the OS where they are picked up and processed into the repository. Since there are no links back into Teamcenter, this is a critical point, then no additional licensing is required to view the material. Several vendors offer solutions but be wary of those who show live TC data as they will require the extra licensing.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2