Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter Visualization Customization

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello everyone,

I would like to customize the immersive menu, means: adjusting the number of buttons displayed, same as the functions linked to the buttons. Unfortunately, my recent google searches weren´t that successful.

My questions are:

- Is there an API (if so: what programming language is supported)

- If there is no API, what´s the entry point for customization (e.g. dll-hooking, etc.)

- Does anyone know examples of successful customization tasks?

Many thanks for your patience and your efforts.

Best regards

7 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter Visualization Customization

Genius
Genius

Teamcenter Visualization customization help is available. You need to install the visualization with VisAutomation and help & Miscellaneous feature through installer.

Once installation is finished you will documentation and sample in Automation directory of your visualization installation

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am looking to perform the same task but totally falling short here.

TC Vis install guide (v11.2.2) states:

The help files are no longer packaged with the Teamcenter lifecycle visualization installer. To install the help, you must install the Siemens PLM Documentation Server and the Teamcenter lifecycle visualization help, which are installations separate from the installation of T eamcenter lifecycle visualization.

I have not found any documentation on how to setup some customized tools for users yet.

I am pretty new to TeamCenter and Vis, so any help is truly appreciated.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello everyone,

thanks a lot for your replies and hints.

Unfortunately I haven´t been able to find the documents mentioned yet. But I will keep on searching and hopefully deliver some insights.

Wish you all the best

Genius
Genius

Vis.JPGVis_1.JPG

This is way to install help here.

Creator
Creator

I did all of this and still have had no luck on actually customizing Vis.  It's the same documentation I can find just googling.

I also don't understand why  my vis 11.3 install doesn't have the ribbon bar shown in all the help?  I just pulled it from siemens downloads.  At least it shows being able to do some very basic and simple customization.

Creator
Creator

Found the answer to the mysterious ribbon bar.

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Users-Forum/How-to-get-the-new-Start-page...

"The enable the new environment you will need to add the Windows environment variable TCVIS_ENABLE_RIBBONS and set it to true. This is documented in the help files."

Creator
Creator

FINALLY found documentation.

I downloaded and installed the "PLMVis11.3" installer, and it has documentaiton for developing for Vis.  I'm so new to this I don't actually know what the difference is between these two products.

Once installed you can find the developers guide, etc here:

C:\Program Files\Siemens\PLMVis113_x64\Documentation\