Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Teamcenter Word Add-In

Hi

We're installing TC Manufacturing/AWC/EWI and the Office Integration.

Today we're on Office 2010 but we will soon go for 2013.

One problem we've discovered is that "Teamcenter Word Add In" is "killing" word launch.

Word now need a minute or two to start. Diasbling the Add In and word starts in seconds.

I saw in GTAC that there should be a hofix for this but I can't find it.

Has anyone a workaround or solution to this startup problem?

Regards

Totte

6 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter Word Add-In

Which TC relaese are you talking about?
I am not aware of such a hotfix.
Using TC10.1 with Office 2007 we experience increased Startup times (compared to having AddIn disabled) but not in an excessive way.

Do you launch Word from RAC or separately so it has to authentice first?
Do you use TcSSO?
Thomas Zwatz, CADadmin, PÖTTINGER Landtechnik GmbH
NX10.0.3.5 MP03 + TC10.1.5.1 [stable], NX10.0.3.5 MP08 + TC10.1.5.1[testing]
SingleSite 2T&4T, DocMgt, MRO, ReqMgt, SchedMgt, T4S
BCT-Inspector Neutral V16.1.4, ANSYS 16.1

Hi
We're on TC10.1.4_patch2 with Office 2010.
We have the startup-problem if we just launch Word from windows start menu. Without even involving TC.

What happens If Word is launched from RAC?
Will it take that long Startup time as well?

If Word is started standalone: After Startup, are you authenticeted in TC already or do you have to Login then?
Just simply have a look at the "Navigation" to get your Home folder displayed.
Thomas Zwatz, CADadmin, PÖTTINGER Landtechnik GmbH
NX10.0.3.5 MP03 + TC10.1.5.1 [stable], NX10.0.3.5 MP08 + TC10.1.5.1[testing]
SingleSite 2T&4T, DocMgt, MRO, ReqMgt, SchedMgt, T4S
BCT-Inspector Neutral V16.1.4, ANSYS 16.1

Hi

There is no difference in startup times between standalone Word and RAC Word.

I noticed that when I launche Word from RAC the Word session wasn't logged in to Teamcenter. I had to do that manually.

Shouldn't that login be done automatically if I launch Word from TC?

[ Edited ]

Hi again

I've modified the .NET machine.config-files acc to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/936707.

Word startup time decerased from between 90 and 120 seconds to around 30 seconds.

But this is still way to much. Default word starts in about zero seconds and adding some half a minute is not something that the users will love.

More suggestions any one?

For your info I've created an issues at GTAC on this (IR 7578027).

Hello bjerke,

We had a similar situation when installing the Office Addins. We run CITRIX Servers with roaming profiles.

Initially we were of the belief that once installed everyone had to have the Addins loaded but unfortunately only about 5% of our staff require Teamcenter.

I have developed a simple startup script in vbs that prevents the default load behaviour of "3" in the registry to either "0" or "16" for each of the various Office Teamcenter VSTO addins. I have also combined this with a lookup in Active Directory...Basically if you are a member of the Teamcenter group the addin loads, if not the addins don't load.

As a result we have seen an almost instantaneous loading of Office Applications for non Teamcenter members and an appreciably quicker loading for Teamcenter members.......Users were very happy!

I have also developed an HTA application that allows Teamcenter users to turn on/off the addins on the fly for each of the Office apps while they are logged onto the CITRIX Server.

I would be happy to explain in detail what I discovered if this will help you in any way.