Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Teamcenter integration for NX

Hello:

I really need help with this:
I need to use the Teamcenter Integration for NX and I don´t know how to get it. I run in my personal workstation Teamcenter 4-tier Rich Client 10 and I have downloaded from gtac the NX 10 package. Can someone explain me or giving me the steps that I have to follow to use teamcenter integrated with NX???

I know that I have to install the NX 10 package in my personal workstation, but should I also to install it in the server of teamcenter? I also know that I have to log in the server and add some feutures in TEM called teamcenter integration for NX and NX rich client, is that all what is needed? Shoild I copy some of the file of the NX10 package in the server to add those features in the TEM?

I really would appreciate a detailed explanation of which steps I must follow in order to get this integration done.

Thanks in advance 

cabd87

20 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter integration for NX

If you use Dispatcher then you can install NX on the Module server. This is especially helpful when needing to import the template files (seed parts). You'll have to install the NX Integration (installs data model and soa files) using TEM on the server. On the client, install NX first then install the rich client (TEM) with the Integration for NX feature.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

[ Edited ]

Hi Randy I have a question regarding the installation:

I have installed NX package in my client and then when I went to the server (TEM) in order to proceed with the istallation of "Teamcenter Integration for NX" and "NX Manager for Rich Client" I was asked to enter the NX install location (See attached picture).

IMG2.png

I am not sure of what I am suppose to do... Do I have to place the NX package in the server and point to this folder? Or do I have to install NX on the server? or...???  

Best Regards

You must install NX before you can install the Teamcenter NX integration.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

[ Edited ]

Hello

I already installed NX in the client but no in the server... but the integration since it have be done in the TEM is on the server.

So my question is: if I install NX in the server and then the integration in TEM, do I will be able to use teamcenter integrted with NX in my client?

Thanks

Regards

The Teamcenter Integration for NX should be installed on the server, it contains the data model updates, and not on the client.
NX Manager for Rich Client shouldn't be installed on the server unless you're running a Dispatcher Module translator that requires it. The NX Manager for Rich Client should be installed on the client machine.
Best practice is to install Java, NX then Teamcenter on the client.

Hi again

I just installed teamcenter integration for nx in TEM, and when I open teamcentrer 4-tier rich client in my client and I press the NX icon I get the following messange .

Capture1.PNG 

Should I configured something else?

I also tried to open it from the commant prompt as is showed in the picture and I get the next  message ...

Capture.PNG

Do you know what can be happening? 

Thanks a lot 

You need to start the NX manager from a Teamcenter command prompt to have the correct Tc environment.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Check that you have %PORTAL_ROOT%\start_nxmanager.bat
If you don't have it then the NX integration hasn't been installed on the client yet. You cannot start the script directly, it must be launched through Teamcenter as @Stefan_Pendl stated.

Hi Randy:

Is this the file you are telling me?start_nxmanager.PNG

Any idea what I could be missing?

Thanks

Regards