cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter integration for NX

Creator
Creator

Hi everyone,

I have just started working with NX10 and I have just integrated it with Teamcenter 10.1.4.

I believe the integration is working since I can launch NX from TC. However, when I try to open a JT file from TC it says that there is no templates available to support the requested operation (see picture below). 

In addition, when I try to create a new item the templates corresponding to model, drawing, assembly, simulation, inspection, line designer, etc. are also missing (see attached picture). 

In conclusion, I believe that even if the integration is done, I am missing some configuration, templates, etc., that does not allow me to work with NX from TC. Is there any additional configuration that I might have missed? 

Since I am new to NX I would appreciate any information or help you could provided me with in orther to be able to start working with NX. 

Best regards,

NX template error.JPGNX template missing error.JPG

1 REPLY

Re: Teamcenter integration for NX

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The NX documentation tells you how to upload the templates to Teamcenter in the section "Teamcenter Integration for NX".

I think this only covers CAM templates and CAD templates must be imported using the regular "Import assembly into Teamcenter" approach.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community