Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter integration for NX

Creator
Creator

Hi everyone,

I have just started working with NX10 and I have just integrated it with Teamcenter 10.1.4.

I believe the integration is working since I can launch NX from TC. However, when I try to open a JT file from TC it says that there is no templates available to support the requested operation (see picture below). 

In addition, when I try to create a new item the templates corresponding to model, drawing, assembly, simulation, inspection, line designer, etc. are also missing (see attached picture). 

In conclusion, I believe that even if the integration is done, I am missing some configuration, templates, etc., that does not allow me to work with NX from TC. Is there any additional configuration that I might have missed? 

Since I am new to NX I would appreciate any information or help you could provided me with in orther to be able to start working with NX. 

Best regards,

NX template error.JPGNX template missing error.JPG

1 REPLY

Re: Teamcenter integration for NX

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

The NX documentation tells you how to upload the templates to Teamcenter in the section "Teamcenter Integration for NX".

I think this only covers CAM templates and CAD templates must be imported using the regular "Import assembly into Teamcenter" approach.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide