cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter is not looking NX installation

Creator
Creator

This is message when i try to install the feature for integration of NX on client of Teamcenter

Cattura2.PNG 

On my client and Server are installed TeamCenter 10.1.6.1

On Client is installed NX 10

On server I installed extension of integration of NX, but there is not NX installed. (I have to install NX also on Server?)

Before I thought that problem was a version of teamcenter (i had installed 10.1.0), and I proceeded to update at a version 10.1.6.1, but the problem not is solved.

How should I do for install feature of integration of NX?

Thank's for Replay.

4 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter is not looking NX installation

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Have you installed NX in the location displayed in the dialog?

Have you used the typical NX installation or a custom one?

Make sure to use the typical installation or at least include the NX manager module in the NX installation.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

If you don't want NX installed on the server then just create the folder. TEM is just looking for the NX folder to exist.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Creator
Creator

I have installed NX in the location displyed in the dialog.

I have used used typical installation, but i don't know if include the NX manager module.

How do I know if this module is installed

Sorry, is it possible add this module after-installation?

Thank you so much!

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Yes, you can add the feature after the initial installation. The NX template is added to the server and cannot be removed once instantiated. However, Integration for NX, which is the client portion, can be added or removed at any time. When the integration is added, it creates a "start_nxmanager.bat" in the portal directory (or rac directory if you're using OTW). The part that admins don't know is that it also creates a registry entry for the location of start_nxmanager.bat which can cause havoc when multiple environments (PD, TS, DV, etc.) are installed on the same workstation. There are ways to reset the reg entry when portal starts to fix the location for that specific environment. FMS_HOME is the other component that needs repaired during portal startup with multi environments installed.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2